Thursday, October 1, 2009

Indoor Driving Range

To say the least, I have a very large house for an empty nester. I use only a few of the rooms in the house, the master bedroom, kitchen, family room and indoor driving range. Someone could be living in one of the back rooms and I would have no clue. Immediately as you enter the house through the front door, to the left is a long room with a 20+' high ceiling and wet bar and wine closet on one end (I do not drink!) and a fireplace on the far end. If you were an interior decorator (or had any interior design acumen) you might have a sitting area at each end of the room. When I bought the house, the previous owner had a pool table in the room, which he offered to sell to me and I mistakenly declined. I thought it was gauche to have a pool table right off of the front entry. The room sat empty for a year or more until I was at the PGA Golf Superstore (again!) and saw the Izzo Giant Net. The picture on the link does not list the size specifications and does not do the Giant justice. It is huge! So instead of a pool/game room I have an indoor driving range (which is much cooler and not gauche at all). When I can't get to the local public driving range where you hit off of the hard dirt or to the lighted public driving range where you hit off of mats, I have my own private indoor driving range in my house! Generally, I keep the balls within the confines of the Giant, but I have had two accidents with the Giant and the indentations in the walls to show for it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait I didn't know you passed up a pool table. I could be making a living right now if I had the space to train. We could have even moved it into my room when you got Giant.