Monday, October 5, 2009

Back to the Driving Range

After Saturday's debacle I was back at the range Sunday banging the Top-Flites. I decided to take my Taylor Made 580 cc driver to the range. It has a 9.5 degree loft and is 1" shorter than my Ping driver. The first couple of balls I hit with the Taylor Made driver were hit right on the sweet spot and the ball traveled on a lower trajectory with a slight draw. I also was swinging with a more fluid and easier motion. Then, I worked on hitting my irons through the ball and taking a divot in front of the ball and also cocking my wrist and loading my right side. I hit my mid-irons really well and then moved to the dreaded pitching wedge that gave me so much trouble on Saturday. Lo and behold, I was hitting down and through the ball and taking a divot in front of the ball and my pitching wedge was traveling 120-125 yards and straight and true! I also tried the same swing motion with my hybrids instead of sweeping the ball and that also worked. It was probably the best driving range practice session I ever had! I can't wait to play again!

No comments: