Monday, September 28, 2009

Yum, Those Words Taste Good

I have to eat half of my words! After giving away 6 strokes on 3 holes on Thursday, Phil Mickelson storms back with 67, 66 and 65 to win the Tour Championship going away. Phil putted like he did at ASU and in his first couple of years on Tour when he was fearless. Every putt looked like it was going in, he chipped one in on No. 16 and almost jarred his second shot on No. 8 (I do not know how it stayed out of the cup!). Somehow Tiger grinded and came in second to win the FEDEX Cup and the $10 Million. Even as Tiger struggled on Sunday to find the putting line, the thing that I noticed was Tiger's distance control on his putts. Every putt went past the hole or banged into the back of the hole. I cannot tell you how many times my second, and sometimes third putt, comes up short.

When I got into the office this morning, I had an e-mail for Phil Mickelson's DVD, "Secrets of the Short Game" for $49.95. You have to give credit to the marketing people for that one. I almost bought it, but instead I looked for a putting instructional from Dave Stockton.

No comments: