Saturday, January 23, 2010

$40 Golf Club Membership

Wow! I am now officially a member of the Sanctuary Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona. Luckily, the membership committee did not grill me on the Rules of Golf and my Local Rules like the "Fluff the Lie Rule", the "Plain Sight Rule" or the "Bad Course Design or Maintenance Rule". My Arizona Golf Association membership number is 12570521. My followers can go to the Arizona Golf Association website and put in my membership number or name to look up my USGA Handicap Index (don't all go to the website at once or we could blow up the website!). The system for posting a score is very easy. You input your score and the date of play and there is a drop down list for the golf courses. Once you choose the correct golf course and tees, the system automatically inputs the course rating and slope rating. I inputted 11 rounds (I did not include my practice round at Camelback Country Club). Right now my handicap index is "N/H" (no handicap). Handicaps are updated on the 1st and 15th day of each month so I will not have an actual handicap index until February 1. Stay tuned!

SO attended a continuing legal education seminar this week in Tucson and I was supposed to join her on Friday afternoon and play golf on Friday and Saturday. Instead, Arizona (and the entire west coast) got hammered with three separate winter storms. Northern Arizona got more than 45" of snow (I bet my out-of-state followers did not know that we get snow in Arizona!). Down here in the Valley and in Tucson we got drenched with 3" to 5" of rain this week so I did not get to Tucson and did not play any golf.

No comments: