Friday, December 4, 2009

Second Chances?

Everything is eerily quiet on the Tiger Woods front today. Tiger's attorneys must be negotiating the amendments to the pre-nuptial agreement with Elin's attorneys and the non-disclosure agreements with the girlfriends. Hopefully, no more girlfriends come out of the woodwork. No matter what, the "Tiger Affair" will not go away until Tiger and Elin, together, sit down with a friendly media personality on national television and tell their story. Tiger's sanitized public relations posts on his website are not cutting it for his fans and sponsors.

I had an opportunity to play with my friend the Joker in a charity golf scramble today for Habitat for Humanity at the Raven at South Mountain but work got in the way. The scary part was that I would have been the "A" player in the foursome! I have never shot over par in a 4-man scramble, but this could have been a first. The Joker is on the board of directors of the Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona affiliate. Habitat for Humanity helps families of low and moderate incomes become homeowners by building and partnering in the creation of affordable housing. The Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona affiliate has built more than 740 homes in the metropolitan Phoenix area since inception.

We are having a cold spell in Arizona. The temperature this morning at 6:30 a.m. on my way to work was 37 degrees! It warmed up to the mid-60s by mid-day, which is bone-chilling for us. The Joker e-mailed me from the charity golf tournament telling me that there were frost delays this morning!

This weekend I am revisiting the site of one of my recent debacles hoping to tame the Encanterra golf course. After my final seven holes at the Wigwam Gold Course last weekend I have a positive attitude and I am expecting great results! But see Albert Einstein's definition of "insanity" in "Rules of Golf - Ball Lost or Out of Bounds".

No comments: